Greek rice pudding
For the greek rice pudding
- Put the rice in a pot with the water and the salt, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix in 4 cups of milk with the sugar and mastic.
- Once the rice is cooked, dissolve the corn flour in a glass of cold milk and pour into the pot.
- Simmer until the rice pudding begins to thicken.
- Still warm, divide between 6 serving bowls or tall Collins glasses.
- Let it cool and chill. Sprinkle the greek rice pudding with cinnamon and serve.
Tips for the greek rice pudding
- There are many different versions of the greek rice pudding (rizogalo); it is an easy and creamy dessert that can be enjoyed all year round.
- In the winter serve with a traditional fruit preserve, such as quince or sour cherry.
- For spring serve warm with slices of fresh strawberry.
- Enjoy frozen with plenty of cinnamon during the summer months.
- In the fall indulge in a bowl of steaming rice pudding with caramelized apples and cinnamon.
If you liked this recipe, you must try the milk pie without phyllo.